Also known as muscle cramps, these are spasms that occur when a muscle involuntarily and forcibly contracts and cannot relax. This occurs suddenly, usually resolve quickly and are often painful.
Common sites include the thighs, calves, foot arches, hands, arms, abdomen and sometimes along the rib cage.
- Insufficient stretching before physical activity.
- Muscle fatigue.
- Exercising in a heated temperature environment.
- Muscle tightness
- Joint stiffness
- Involuntary jerky movements
- Abnormal positioning of fingers, wrists, arms,or shoulders.
- Pain in the affected muscle or joint
- Back pain
- Difficulty in moving
- Drink plenty fluids to stay hydrated.
- Do regular flexibility exercises before and after work out.
- Avoid extremely hot or cold temperatures.
- Wear loose fitting clothes.
- Get enough sleep.
- Changing your position often, at least every two hours.
Would you like to speak with a medical doctor online to get treatment/advise on muscle cramps or other health issues, click here to download the App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.askdoctord.askdoctord
or click here to register app.askdoctord.com/register